Which Sentence Shows the Correct Use of the Dash

Sue will often go to the movies on Saturday. C I am so mad at you for spilling soda on my homeworkthat I could oh forget it.


Pin On Caligrafia

Dashes are punctuation marks that are mainly use to replace others such as colon comma semicolon or parentheses in this cases a dash is being used to replace a semicolon this means it is used to separate two ideas that are related and to introduce the term for example this means there is a pause between these ideas but both are still connected In this way.

. The others are incorrect because they use a dash in the middle of a sentence. Which sentence below shows correct use of an em dash. Often is an adverb and is not part of the complete verb or predicate.

She will one day inherit this kingdom - the one on the map - to rule as her own. Which sentence shows the correct use of the dash. A I am so happy that--you got the job that I will well just wait and see.

Well just wait and see. Dashes are punctuation marks that are mainly use to replace others such as colon comma semicolon or parentheses in this cases a dash is being used to replace a semicolon this means it is used to separate two ideas that are related and to introduce the term for example this means there is a pause between these ideas but both are still connected In this way. B I am so happy that you got the job that I willwell just wait and see.

Accident Mark Twain 18351910. A I am so mad at you for spilling soda on my homework that I couldoh forget it. Because the public doesnt necessarily have these things in common.

B I am so happy that you got the job that I will - a well just wait and see. Susie has been invited to go on a trip to the Yukon Territory - her favorite place - and Eastern Alaska. Verb phrase denotes the word was attending in the sentence.

NikAS 45 1 year ago. I am so happy that you got. There used to be a real me but I had it surgically removed Peter Sellers 19251980 Note the em dash before Peter Sellers and the en dash between the dates Here is another example.

What sentence shows the correct use of the dash. Well just wait and see is an interrupter so you could use a comma or a dash. Nordsb 41 8 months ago.

Certain sound devices - for example alliteration can be used to imitate natural sounds. Name the greatest of all inventors. The complete verb in this sentence is.

Up to 8 cash back Needless to say figure dashes are not all that common in standard English writing. This is tough to explain. Which sentence below shows correct use of em dashes.

D I am so happy that you got the job--that I will well just wait and see. From all options sentence B is the one using the dashes correctly because they are being employed to enclose additional and explanatory information that if removed would not affect the meaning of the sentence. Learn more about the difference.

Its longer than a hyphen and is commonly used to indicate a range or a pause. Maybe an elipises can be used. More Sue will often go to the movies on Saturday.

I am so happy that you got the job that I will. If the cat meows one more time - I know he will - I am going to have to get the treats. It can also be split up into two sentences.

It shows that dash could be used correctly in that sentence. This is fitting as the fourth one is divided into two sentences that can make sense on their own. Madam 21 1 year ago.

LCWhich sentence below shows correct use of em dashes. It can also be split up into two sentences. En Dash The en dash sometimes written as N Dash is the standard form of dash punctuation in terms of size.

During the whole of a dull dark and soundless day in the autumn of the year when the clouds. The correct answer is C. What sentence shows the correct use of the dash.

B I am so mad at you for spilling sodaon my homeworkthat I could oh forget it. Which sentence below shows correct use of em dashes. Sue will often go to the movies on Saturday.

The president of the company was attending the mandatory sales meeting. Name the complete verb in the sentence. A dash is a little horizontal line that floats in the middle of a line of text not at the bottom.

Which sentence shows the correct use of the dash. Maybe an elipises can be used. A verb phrase is something which has a word or words following or preceding a verbIn this sentence was attending is a verb phrase as attending is a verb and it is followed by a word ie was.

If the cat-meows one more time I know he will - I am going to have to get the treats. You can use an em dash to credit a quote to someone. It shows that dash could be used correctly in that sentence.

If the cat meows one more time I know - he will - I am going to have to get the treats. The correct answer is C a social group. However if you need to write an English sentence with number sequences you should definitely make use of the figure dash.

Basically dashes make you take a breath before continuing your sentence. C I am so happy that you got the job--that I will well--just wait and see. The halves dont make sense on their own.

If the cat meows one more time - I know he will - I am going to have to get the treats. Well just wait and see is an interrupter so you could use a comma or a dash. Dashes are used to separate groups of words not to separate parts of words like a hyphen does.

She will one day inherit this kingdom--the one on the map--to rule as her own. I am so happy that you got the job that I will---well just wait and see.


Pin On English Grammar


Pin On Grammar 7 Esl


Pin On Writing


Pin On Handy Grammar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penyakit Sporotrichosis Pada Kucing